Cleanliness and safety are more important now than ever. When it comes to beauty, how can you ensure the highest standards of hygiene?
This year has been an unusual one, to put it mildly. Never before have cleanliness and hygiene been more important. In 2020, we’ve been conscious about thoroughly washing our hands, disinfecting every surface and keeping our distance socially. We even put more thought into how often we touch our faces. Life has changed, and we have had to adapt to keep us, and those around us, safe.
Here at Sublime Beauty, we understand your commitment to safety and hygiene. We also know that you want to keep looking great — after all, when you look your best, you feel your best. That confidence gives you an edge and helps you tackle each day.
We might be in a strange mix of tiers and lockdowns at the moment, but we’re already preparing to help out our loyal customers once life returns to normal. We’ll come to you, offering semi-permanent eyeliner, eyebrows, lip blush and collagen induction therapy.
New customers might be wondering — are mobile beauticians safe and hygienic? Can you expect the same standard of cleanliness as you would experience in a salon?
Let’s explore how we keep our standards high and give our customers peace of mind during these trying times.
While you’re here, find out how you can make the most of your collagen induction therapy
Before Getting Started, We Run a Health Check
As part of our consultation, we run each customer through a health check. This health check is designed to make sure there are no underlying issues that might make the treatment unsuitable for you. We will also need to find out if you are undergoing any other treatments that might impact the results of our work. For example, if you are using a Retinol cream, this could interfere with the effectiveness and overall look of your semi-permanent eyebrows.
We’ll run through your skin routine and ask questions to make sure that you are ready to undergo the procedure. This health check can be completed over the phone before the treatment takes place to help you prepare for a successful beauty treatment.
Mobile Beauticians Are Ideal for Social Distancing
These days, we all want to keep a respectable distance. This is harder to do when you have to go out into the world and contend with crowds and public transport. The good news is, mobile beauticians, come directly to you — which is ideal in a world where social distancing is so important.
We come to your home, so there is no chance you’ll encounter another client during your treatment. What’s more, we only treat one customer per day and we disinfect all our equipment at the end of each day, so you know you’re safe and sound with us.
We Keep High High Hygiene Standards throughout the Treatment
Let’s get down to what you really want to know — how strictly do mobile beauticians adhere to hygiene standards? What measures do we put in place?
Here at Sublime Beauty, we:
- Wear a Mask and Visor: During treatment, we’ll always wear a mask and visor to ensure your safety and ours.
- Use a Disposable Plastic Sheet: This sheet covers the entire treatment bed. We also use paper couch rolls for extra protection.
- Wear Gloves: We wear gloves throughout the treatment. If we touch something during the treatment, we put on a fresh pair of gloves before touching the client again.
- Use Single-Use Disposable Needles: If your treatment requires needles, we’ll dispose of these needles after treatment and use fresh needles in our next scheduled appointment.
- Wrap Machines in a Protective Sleeve: This helps to prevent cross-contamination.
- Use a Wound Pack: This pack contains everything we need for the treatment. It’s prepackaged and sterilised by Medisave UK, a medical supply company, to ensure high standards.
- Use Medical-Grade Alcohol Wipes: We use Clinell Universal antibacterial hand wipes, the same wipes used and trusted by the NHS.
- Use Green Soap during the Procedure: Green soap is an environmentally-friendly oil-based soap commonly used in medical facilities to sanitise and clean skin. Using green soap can reduce the risk of side effects and infection.
We Ensure Great Aftercare to Eliminate Infections
Our dedication to hygiene extends far beyond your procedure. We also work with you to provide thorough aftercare that eliminates the risk of infections. We provide you with instructions and special ointments to facilitate healing. You can contact us at any time to discuss any concerns or questions you may have.
Related: What is Lip Blush Treatment?
We Sanitise Everything at the End of the Day
To give you a glimpse behind the curtain and put your mind at ease, here are the steps we go through at the end of every day to make sure our equipment is clean and sterile, ready for the following day:
- The beauty box is completely cleaned out, and every item in it cleaned.
- Both metal items (such as scissors) and non-metal items (such as pigment bottles) are washed with green soap. Metal items are then sterilised and non-metal items are sanitised.
- Non-disposable items that have been used that day (such as callipers) are washed in green soap and then immersed in a barbicide solution (a disinfectant solution used by cosmetologists and barbers to disinfect grooming tools).
- Clinical waste is disposed of appropriately — each month, a waste disposal company comes by to pick up clinical waste, including used needles.
- Our uniforms are washed on a high heat.
- The beauty box is restocked for the next day — with only what is needed for the next client, to further reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
The Real Benefit of a Mobile Beautician
Hygiene and cleanliness are easy to achieve for mobile beauticians, when they put in the effort to maintain high standards. But aside from this important aspect, the real benefit of a mobile beautician is convenience and comfort.
Rather than leaving your home and travelling at a time when you feel uncertain and unsafe, a mobile beautician comes to the place you are most comfortable. Your beauty treatments happen in the comfort of your home, on your terms — meaning you don’t have to sacrifice looks or routine for safety and security.