In a Semi Permanent Eyeliner procedure, the artist will deposit pigment into the epidermis of your eyelid, creating a perfect eyeliner effect on your lash line. It is also known as Permanent Eyeliner or Eyeliner Tattoo. The result is more awake looking eyes that ‘pop’!
Like other forms of micropigmentation, the liner is smudge free and depending on the aftercare, health and lifestyle of the client, can last anything up to 3 years.
Who Can Benefit From Semi Permanent Eyeliner?
- People who struggles with their morning routine, such as disabled or partially sighted individuals
- Anyone who struggles to keep their hands steady whilst working on this delicate area
- Anyone who wants to look their eyes to look open and fresh at all times
- Mothers and individuals with busy lifestyles who want to save time
- Anyone who wants smudge free / waterproof eyeliner that lasts up to 3 years
What’s So Good About It?
- Semi Permanent Eyeliner saves you time. You won’t need to struggle with a perfect lash line, as this treatment can last up to 2 to 3 years.
- It saves aggravation, especially for clients who are unable to achieve perfect symmetry.
- It’s convenient. You won’t need to spend time shopping for your perfect shade, especially when you discover they have discontinued your favourite shade and have to hang around in the store searching for the next best thing!
- Smudge free. Your colour will stay where it belongs all day and night and will be one less thing to remove during your bedtime routine.
- Long lasting. Your colour can be retained up to 2 to 3 years.
- It’s a long term investment that can save you time and money. You won’t need to spend money on eyeliners, nor spend your time applying them as you will simply wake up in the morning eyeliner ready. Please note that the pigment will fade over time, so regular yearly top ups are usually recommended.
Is Semi Permanent Eyeliner a Tattoo?
The techniques appear to be similar, but they are two different treatments entirely. It also doesn’t help that Permanent Eyeliner, Semi Permanent Eyeliner are all referred to as ‘tattoo’. Here are the main differences:
Machine Needle Depth
The machine used for semi permanent/permanent eyeliner works at the ‘rejuvinating’ are of the skin, the epidermis. As the skin naturally rejuvenates, the eyeliner fades and requires a touch up.
A permanent tattoo machine uses a longer needle to work at a greater depth in the skin. Depositing the ink so deep gives the tattoo its permanency.
The Ink Used
Tattoo artists deposit their ink much deeper than semi permanent makeup artists. The ink used for semi permanent work is cosmetic and has less of a metal to them. It is also the metal component that makes the ink permanently adhere.
How Long Does Semi Permanent Eyeliner Last?
Semi Permanent Eyeliner can last up to two to three years. You’ll need to consider top up treatments after two years. However, this is down to the individual’s health, lifestyle and aftercare.
How Much Does the Treatment Cost?
Clearly this varies depending upon where you are based and whether or not you have the liner applied to upper lid, lower lid or both. Average prices in the Greater number area start from £280 to £380. It is important to know that Lash Enhancement involves implanting pigment in between the lashes to make them appear fuller and is cheaper than the full eyeliner procedure.the
Sublime Beauty offers semi permanent eyeliner treatments on a mobile basis – we come to you, as long as you live in Bromley, Greenwich or Croydon boroughs. See full service details and a price list here.